Fremont, CA – April 25, 2013 – Jason McDonald, a leading educator and trainer in Internet marketing, is proud to announce he is teaching a new training class in San Francisco: ‘Social Media Marketing.’ This new class will be taught at the Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC.org) on July 14, 2013. The class is a ‘crash course’ in Social Media Marketing for San Francisco Bay Area businesses and marketers.
"I have taught several social media classes," explained Dr. McDonald. "I love teaching online as well as at BAVC in San Francisco, and was very excited when approached to teach this class. The facility is wonderful, and it is a great hands-on opportunity for people in the San Francisco Bay Area to learn social media marketing. My philosophy is practical: not social media for social media’s sake, but rather social media marketing as a marketing and sales tool."
Find out more at https://www.jasonmcdonald.org/training/san-francisco-social-media/
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: RELATIONSHIP BUILDING FOR BUSINESSES
Social media, unfortunately, often becomes an end in itself. This class, in contrast, will emphasize social media as a practical marketing strategy. What are the goals of the business? Who are the target customers? How can social media be used to a) attract new customers, b) build relationships with first-time customers, and c) extend existing relationships? Beyond that, a major question of social media marketing is which social media is the best fit for any given business. Some businesses should focus on blogs; others on Twitter; still others on Facebook or Youtube. A big part of the class lies in understanding how to identify a target social media that is truly appropriate for your business.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: CLASS CONTENT
Topics covered include –
- Social Media Marketing Strategy – fitting Social Media into your larger marketing strategy.
- Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn – the Big Three Social Media Sites, and how to use them for social media marketing.
- Twitter – should you Tweet? How does Twitter fit into your Social Media strategy?
- Local Search – Google Local / Google Places and how local search intertwines with Social Media.
- Youtube – Youtube’s special relationship with Google, and how Youtube is a true Social Media marketing tool.
- Blogging – how to leverage blogs plus build your own ‘Google-friendly’ Blog.
- Beyond Social Media – miscellaneous but meritorious lesser social media sites and how they can turbo-charge your marketing, including advertising on social media sites.
ABOUT JASON MCDONALD
Dr. Jason McDonald is a recognized SEO consultant in search engine optimization, Internet marketing, and search marketing based in the San Francisco Bay Area / Silicon Valley. Dr. McDonald received his Ph.D. from the University of California in 1992, and has worked at many hi-tech start up’s in the San Francisco Bay Area. In addition, Dr. McDonald is Senior Editor at eg3.com, a web portal and email service covering hi-tech embedded systems on the Internet, founded in 1994. Recently, Dr. McDonald has begun teaching marketing, market research and Internet marketing at Bay Area institutions such as AcademyX and DeVry University.
Dr. McDonald can be found on the Internet at https://www.jasonmcdonald.org, a website focused on search engine marketing, SEO, and other Internet marketing issues with in-depth free information on SEO, Page Tags, Google Analytics, Metrics, Link building, Free SEO Tools and more. He can also be contacted by telephone at +1-702-879-4771 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.