SEO Is a Mystery to Some People, but It’s Not Rocket Science

When you use the term SEO, or search engine optimization, in front of many people, a glazed look comes over their eyes. It is a mystery to them. Some may even call it an alchemy. But it’s not rocket science or nuclear physics. SEO is not rocket science and I can explain it to a judge and juryHeck, it’s not even as complicated as automobile repair. But if you are involved in any sort of litigation that has anything to do with SEO, I can explain it to a judge and jury in words which they will understand. I am an expert witness in search engine optimization.

It is not so much a case of understanding what SEO is and what it does, as how to do it. That’s the complicated part. SEO is actually a process that is used to get a website to rank highly on the first page of Google.

Why is that important? Simple: it is because the higher your website is on Google the more clicks you will get through to your website, which is where you will sell or promote whatever it is that you do sell or promote.

It Is Vital To Be On The First Page Of Google

In fact, 50% of all clicks go to the top three websites listed on the first page of Google (and all the rest of them – Bing, Yahoo, and so on) so that is where you want your website to be. At the very least you want your website to rank on the first page of Google. That is because only 10% of visitors ever go to page 2 of Google: the other 90% find what they want on the first page, which is why it is vital to be there. If your website is somewhere on page 9, nobody is ever going to find it.

Being in the first three on Google is great because there are no advertising costs. That’s why everyone wants to be there. But it is also why companies tread on each others’ toes in order to get there, and that leads to litigation. And in turn that is when you need me as an expert witness in search engine optimization.

Sometimes a company may be quite unaware that it has used another one’s terminology, copied a process, and so on. At other times it may even be intentional. Either way one company sues another one, and before you know it you are in the throes of a full-blown court case.

So if you need an expert witness in search engine optimization – whether you are suing or being sued – I can speak up on your behalf and help to get the result that you need.

Jason McDonald, Ph.D

Jason McDonald is a top-rated San Francisco SEO Consultant. His consulting services include search engine optimization consulting, social media marketing consulting, and Google AdWords consulting. Jason's motto as a consultant is that he doesn't do SEO 'for you' but rather he does SEO 'with you.' That goes as well for his social media marketing consultant activities and Google AdWords consultant services. Besides serving clients in the San Francisco Bay Area, Jason consults with clients in Silicon Valley (San Jose), Oakland and other cities throughout the Bay Area. Beyond the Bay Area, Jason is available as an SEO consultant, Social Media Consultant, and as an expert witness in litigation involving social media marketing, search engine optimization and pay-per-click advertising.