First, an AdWords expert witness is an expert in online advertising, at least with respect to the Google Ads platform if not also other online advertising platforms such as Bing / Yahoo as well as Facebook, LinkedIn, or even Twitter. Online advertising, after all, is more than just Google Ads. Second, an expert witness in Google AdWords should have trial and/or deposition experience. He or she needs to be comfortable taking the complex topics of Google AdWords and explaining those in simple terms to a judge, jury, or other attorneys in the process of litigation or a lawsuit. Third, he needs to be certified in Google AdWords and to have managed (and be managing) a sufficient ad spend. It’s to no avail to have technical knowledge of Google Ads yet to not have been “in the trenches” managing real money in real accounts.
Deliverables for a Google Ads Expert Witness
Many of my AdWords consultant deliverables are transferable to the AdWords Expert witness domain. I work with companies nation-wide, but often I consult with companies in the San Francisco Bay Area or Silicon Valley companies. Because of the Internet, it doesn’t really matter where your company is physically located. I provide professional AdWords expert witness services based on the following tasks based on a thorough analysis of any Google AdWords PPC advertising –
- AdWords Assessment – why did the plaintiff or defendant advertise? What were the implied marketing objectives?
- PPC / CPC Spend – what was the cost-per-click and/or pay-per-click components of the digital advertising? How did these change over time?
- Keyword Match Types – AdWords is driven by the match types such as exact, phrase, modified broad, and broad (as well as negative match) yet many advertisers do not understand them; this is a source of potential trouble. A professional AdWords expert witness will dive deep into keywords, and build out a robust keyword worksheet.
- Search Network vs. Display Network – Google pay-per-click advertising (PPC advertising) is not just one network but at least two: the search and display network. Indeed, an expert in Google AdWords will understand not only the Search Network or Display Network (GDN) but YouTube Advertising as well. (I do).
- Conversions and eCommerce – many advertisers attempt to run conversion tracking via Google Analytics and/or third-party eCommerce platforms. I can help you understand what conversions occurred, if any, and for what keywords on AdWords pay-per-click systems
- Metrics – Google analytics and beyond. Today everything is about metrics, including PPC (pay-per-click) advertising. Note that PPC is often called CPC (cost per click) advertising.
- Beyond AdWords – you can advertise not only on AdWords but on YouTube as well as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other online networks. I can analyze what happened where, when, and how.
I have a complete bio on my professional AdWords consultant experience, so please check that out. I have been certified as an AdWords expert witness in both federal court and state court here in California. I have both deposition and trial experience, and have created reports and analysis of Google ad spend. Any questions? Please contact me for a free phone consultation, today!
AdWords Expert Witness – San Francisco Bay Area – Silicon Valley – San Jose
I work with clients all over the world on their Google AdWords pay-per-click advertising, but many attorneys prefer to meet face-to-face. If you are not in the San Francisco Bay Area, San Jose, or Silicon Valley California, don’t worry. I work with many law firms on their AdWords needs over the phone and Internet, using the Gotowebinar software to consult with you as if I were in your office. For really large projects, I can even travel! But, that said, if you prefer to meet face to face, and are in the San Francisco Bay Area / San Jose area, we can formulate a great professional AdWords consulting relationship.
Updated: November 12, 2018